Section 184 Native American Program
Opening doors for Native American Homeownership
Native American HUD Section 184 Home Loan Program
Section 184 Indian Home Loan Guarantee Program was created by the Housing and Community Development Act of 1992 specifically as a home mortgage loan program designed for Native Americans.
If you are a Native American enrolled as a member of a Federally recognized tribe, you may be eligible for a HUD 184 Home loan if you meet all the following requirements:
- There is a one-time 1.0% up-front guarantee fee paid at closing and it can be financed into the loan
- Low down payment
- 100% of the down payment can be from a gift
- Must have proof of Tribal enrollment
- Manual Underwrite
- Primary Homes only
- Purchase or Refinance available
- Only eligible in certain areas
Eligible Property Types:
- 1-4-unit Single Family Residence
- FHA-approved condo
- Modular Home
- Manufactured Home on a permanent foundation
- Max 25 acres
If you’re thinking of buying or refinancing a home, find a loan originator today. The market can change at any time. Guardian Mortgage has over 50 years of experience in finding the right loan for every situation. We welcome the opportunity to listen to your goals and find a program to fit your needs.
Program only available in eligible areas. Consult your Guardian Mortgage loan originator for details. Certain terms and restrictions apply. Program available only to qualified borrowers. Program subject to change without notice. Underwriting terms and conditions apply. Loan subject to credit review and approval.